This past week was an emotional one.
- Two graduations to attend – my new high school and my old one. I don’t have enough words to describe how proud I am of my students. Every single one had to work hard to achieve what they celebrated on that day.
- Had to go back to school to clean up the room, print my grades, and turn in my keys for the summer break. It’s a short break in our district – we go back at the beginning of August. I’ll go back at the end of July. When I locked that classroom door, I was a bit overcome with gratitude to have finally landed in a spot that works with my life and where I feel appreciated.
- I dropped our parakeet’s cage in the patio by accident. It wasn’t hurt – but it flew away. I didn’t think I was bonded to that bird, but I miss it. I feel remorse that my clumsiness probably killed the little guy. I try to push back thoughts of how scared it must have been with the thought that, since he was kind of an old parakeet and never been out of a cage, that this was his great escape. He is off having an adventure.
- Life happened – no details – but for about half a day, it looked like I was going to have to pull out of the show because we would need to the money I have saved for show expenses to handle the situation. That made me a bit sad for about half a day. It worked out differently than I thought it would, so things are still a “go”. Competing is NOT a life-priority. I won’t let it be a consideration when we are making decisions.
- Since I’m not working now, all my daily routines are gone. It’s relaxing to be able to sleep without an alarm clock. Still working on getting my days to run a bit smoother. My training and prep activities do take up a chunk of time each day, but they aren’t the most important things I need to do each day. Hubby and home are my top priorities. I spent a lot of free time over the last year dealing with school transfers. I’m still juggling things a bit to make sure my priorities are reflected with how I spend my time each day.
Look what came today! I love it!! Fits great. I ordered the suit last Sunday night and it was delivered on Saturday. This is my fourth suit from Saleyla , they are affordable, they have all fit and are delivered in a week.
This week, I chose the song I will use for my routine. I had to download and learn how to use software to edit it myself. It was a little more involved than setting a start/stop time. I needed to figure out how to put three different chunks together and make it sound like it wasn’t three different chunks stuck together. It can only be a minute long.
This is the song I’m using…
I think I have a rough draft of my routine put together. Sent a video to my coach for his feedback. The next three weeks will include a LOT of practice time for the routine and for mandatory poses.
Diet break ended and I was back on deficit days this past Thursday. Body has dropped every day since. I was at a prep low of 132.6 lbs this morning. This is what diet breaks have done for me during this prep. Haven’t really hit any unplanned plateau’s yet. Those breaks are planned maintenance periods. Not exactly refeeds – I have to eat a little under my burn to maintain my weight. Months ago, these “diet deloads” were nice breaks. Now, they are stressful. Obviously, they are a psychologically stressful this close to a show, but the last two have also been physically stressful. It’s a gear change that I actually feel. But they are a break for my metabolism, though, which is the point. These breaks are pushing my fat loss to a place I’ve never been.
Lifting has been going well. Still no major loss of strength. There were a couple times during the last week of school when I pulled back a bit, but that was to stay safe when I knew I was sleep-deprived and stressed. This week, I’ve been able to do what was planned. I am supposed to test my max lifts next week, but I asked coach if I could skip that. I don’t need another thing to think about right now. And I know myself – I get a bit competitive with myself when testing. I just don’t see the point right now. Coach said I could just add 5% to my lifts and skip it this time. I’ll test again after the competition.
New progress pics were taken this morning. I’m still nervous about being as lean as I need to be, but I am happy that I have already reached my goal of having better conditioning than I did in 2013. I only post my progress pictures here on this blog.Let's connect! Follow me on social media: