Finished week #3 of the Madcow 5×5 I’m doing last Saturday. And last week was also a pretty stressful week.
I’m hurting. No injuries, just muscle soreness and joint soreness. I’m tired. Really, really tired. I’ve gotten a solid 8 hours for the last two nights and I still want to crawl into bed – like now. This is the only blog I could possibly write tonight because my brain can’t process anything.
My appetite is going crazy, too. So far, I’ve done a pretty decent job of NOT eating everything. Not ‘everything I want’…I mean everything. My appetite is freakishly ravenous.
I don’t know what’s going on. I could be getting sick. (boooo) I could be growing (yay!) It could be just a change in the weather as the first winter storm blows in today. It could be a combination of all of that, plus the extra stress in my life last week slowing my recovery.
So here’s my plan…
- Three rest days – Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- Active recovery on all three days. Easy, low intensity cardio and stretching.
- Keep up with the protein, BCAA’s, and glutamine.
Here’s Coach’s advice…
- make sure I’m getting omega-3’s, fish oil
- take Aleve (don’t have that – I’ll take ibuprofen)
- no heavy weights (already on that with the three rest days – no lifting until Wednesday)
I would be in bed right now, but I want to watch the Presidential debate. It starts in a few minutes.
So as I wait – I’m choosing to believe I’m just recovering from an awesome three weeks of lifting. I’m growing – I can see that in the mirror. One of these days, I need to get my measurements done.Let's connect! Follow me on social media: