“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
Perseverance, character, hope. I read this and for some reason it occurred to me that in order to find my peace again, in order to heal my bruised feelings, I need to reconnect with those things for which I’m grateful. Reconnect with the positive things I’ve experienced in the last two years.
I’ve been told before that what I’m doing is hard. The schedule is a little tough. Six out of the seven days I’m up at 4 am and workout twice a day. Working seven days a week. And the diet is very strict.
But I’m grateful for the opportunity to live like this. Specifically, I’m grateful for…
1) Paul’s love and support.
2) Lifting. Lifting fixes me.
3) Kim. Oh sure, she doesn’t think she’s done all that much. She’s wrong. She has a knack for making me feel like I can do ANYTHING. Amazingly generous spirit.
4) Trainers Nico and Adam. I’ve been trained very well so I’m less likely to get hurt. I listened and learned.
5) Dawn. A new friend with whom I have many things in common – including our dedication to do something most women our age wouldn’t consider doing. I’m really looking forward to our “Girl’s Day Out” at the Natural Olympia in a few weeks.
5) Massages – or rather Muscle Therapy – performed by someone who has apparently taken ownership over my muscles and put herself on Team Tammy. Diana’s becoming a very good friend.
6) Supportive friends – in real life and on Facebook. All those “likes” may not seem like much when you’re clicking them, they feel like little pats on my back.
7) Several new friends at the gyms I use who have freely offered advice and shared what they have learned.
8) Endorphins. Very grateful for endorphins.
9) Sweet potatoes. I lived 49 years before I learned that I LOVE sweet potatoes.
10) Nicole. That woman performs magic with my hair. I don’t know what/how she does what she does.
11) I’m grateful that I don’t mind eating the same thing every day. I don’t get bored with food. At least not very often.
12) Former students – I love you guys and am so proud of who you have become. Very grateful for your support.
It’s past my bedtime. I’ll do this again sometime. It was a fun blog to write.Find LMS on your favorite platform!